Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Book Review: What Type of Witch Are You?

What Type of Witch Are You?: A Handbook of Over Thirty Types of Witchcraft for New Witches (White Witch Academy Textbook 1)What Type of Witch Are You?: A Handbook of Over Thirty Types of Witchcraft for New Witches by Julie Wilder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

rating: 4 stars ★★★★☆
format: ebook (Kindle Unlimited)
genre: no genre listed on Goodreads - I guess it's considered self-help or reference?

So, I've been feeling a bit more witchy than usual recently. ✨ I've been into crystals, spirit guides, smoke cleansing, and meditation for many years, but never called myself a "witch". I will admit I had a different view on witchcraft before reading this book-the picture in my head was a lot more dramatic than most witchcraft actually is. I learned that a lot of the things I had been doing for years was considered magic.


This book is an informative and easy read. There many more types of witches than I knew about, and the author is very adamant about not boxing yourself into a category. The book is written in a way that is open and accepting of everybody's differences. It's very "you do you". You chose what types of magic you want to practice and what you identify as. It's a great introduction for newbies such as myself and it got me excited to learn and experiment more.

🔮 pros:

  • The author has a very open-minded view of things. While I was reading I felt as if I was being spoken to by a friend.
  • The book does a good job of explaining cultural appropriation and teaching how to avoid it.
  • A very easy read. I have trouble focusing and everything is broken up and organized in a way that helped me process everything, even at 4 am before I went to bed.

🔮 cons:

  • The ebook contained a lot of links for the "White Witch Academy" but not a single one of them worked. It seems like the site might not exist anymore.

🔮 overall thoughts:

I felt warm and comforted while reading this. It's a great intro into witchcraft, though I wish the links worked because some of them were freebie offers.

Review cross-posted: Skyler St. Clair on Goodreads & Skyler's Bookshelf Reading Blog

Applicable challenges:
Pick Your Poison Reading Challenge - Shapes and Colors (a book with a shape on the cover that reminds you of a Rorschach test)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!