Friday, January 1, 2021

Book Review: Brina: A Pagan Picture Book

Brina: A Pagan Picture BookBrina: A Pagan Picture Book by Andrea Stein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

rating: 4.5 stars, rounded up for the enjoyment factor
format: ebook (Kindle Unlimited), which was a bit difficult (it would be nice to see the art larger and I wasn’t able to zoom in on the pictures)
genre: children's

I read this adorable book while looking on in the Kindle Unlimited shop for books on Wicca. I was surprised to find a children’s book on the topic, but certainly not disappointed! It’s cute and creative with enchanting illustrations that gave the story a whimsical, yet still grounded feel to it. I loved the sweet, encouraging relationship the mother had with the daughter. Bonus: POC representation that little girls can look up to!

Review cross-posted: Skyler St. Clair on Goodreads & Skyler's Bookshelf Reading Blog

Applicable challenges:
Pick Your Poison - Picture This (an illustrated book)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!