Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Book Review: Putting the Romance in Necromancy (The Knight and the Necromancer #0.5)

Putting the Romance in Necromancy (The Knight and the Necromancer #0.5)Putting the Romance in Necromancy by A.H. Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 

rating: 4.5 stars, rounded up
format: ebook
genre: fantasy, lgbt, m/m romance

I read this little prequel before having read any other book in the series, just to get a feel for the writing and characters to see if I would enjoy this author’s work. I really did. In just 15 pages I got a great feel of the world and the main character, Sairis. I liked his smart, subtle humor interwoven with a much darker scene of killing a horse and raising it from the dead, which was described in such a creepy, visceral way. I also enjoyed the supporting character and the awkward but sweet conversation that pushed Sairis towards a side quest of self-discovery.

I look forward to starting this series soon!

Review cross-posted: Skyler St. Clair on Goodreads & Skyler's Bookshelf Reading Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!